Friday, October 2, 2009

La Paz

No time to write anything because Caitlin and I are going to go get Indian food!  We saw a menu for it at our new hostel and decided we couldn´t pass up the opportunity to get our favorite food.  This hostel is the first ¨party¨ hostel we have gone to.  There are hundreds of people here I think.  The hostel is located inside of a large colonial building which has been converted into dorms.  There is even a bar where we can get our first shots free upon arrival....

We met a man who quit his job after 15 years and is now taking 3 years to travel the world.  Maybe someday I will be so lucky. 

I´ll write more later when we have some free time.  The highlights will include: stranded in a town with not enough money to eat dinner, a bus that broke down several times on our way to La Paz and of course the story of my first present from a male suitor. 

7 comments:

  1. I eagerly await hearing the details. Espec. whether Indian food in South America matches up with what you expect. I assume you have heard by now that South America will host its first-ever Olympics in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief! I can't wait to hear what type of "present" or gift you were offered. How was the Indian food? We're going to Chevy's tonight - sort of a 2nd birthday dinner for Daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's see-no money for food, broken down bus, men bearing gifts! Can't wait for the next update. Love your descriptions of the hike. We're going to see Ben in Providence tomorrow-so we'll get to see firsthand his hike to campus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. Is Bostonclan Karen? I am trying to upload photos now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah,
    Bostonclan is Karen. We had a great time with Ben yesterday. Hope all is well with you.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. what present did you get???? miss you! -Dawn s

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Dawn-

    It was a really ugly earring. He came over and started to put it on me without asking. At first, I was actually terrified that he was going to give me a new piercing.

    ReplyDelete